Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Gefilta Fish


I am allergic to fish.  I hate and loathe it and for life threatening reasons, totally avoid it.

I remember those pre-Passover days of my youth: dishes taken down from the attic, the trip to a fish market in east Chicago, the hand cranked fish grinder and the gut wrenching/retching smell of Gefilta fish swimming in a steaming and bubbling caldron on the Chambers stove.  I could not stand to be in the house when the gefiltas were schooling and running.



Fish of any scale and strip makes me ill.

So if you happen to enjoy fish, please continue to eat it.  They say it’s healthy if it does not contain too much mercury.  Just do not offer me any.  I’ll eat the egg with extra pink horseradish on my Matzah, thank you.






No comments:

Post a Comment