Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Feeling A Little Dingy At The Moment

I may have been born under a sun sign (Leo) but at heart, I am a water person.  I prefer the water to the mountain, to the pasture, to the city and the burbs. 





By contrast, I was surprised to discover that I liked the magic of the desert.  I spent 8 days traveling/trekking in the Sinai Wilderness and loved every beautiful, barren and desolate moment.  The graffiti on the rock walls in Sinai is over 1,200 years old…I liked that, too!

Perhaps, several millennia ago I was a Hebrew Prophet or a Phoenician sea captain trading in amphoras of wine.  Perhaps I was a French Legionnaire or a Vasco da Gama type leaving Portugal to explore the exotic lands along the African coast and opening up the trade route to India.  Spicy!





Perhaps I was the general who defeated that fox Rommel in North Africa or just maybe I was the navigator aboard the ship that carried Jews from their expulsion to the downtown docks of Manhattan.

Who knows why a fascination is one?  I had better consult the stars, again.  Time to sail through the constellations with some sand in my pocket…just for the purpose of feeling grounded.


No comments:

Post a Comment